The Clarkson–Legg Covered Bridge is a 270 foot Town Lattice truss wooden covered bridge constructed over four spans. The bridge crosses Crooked Creek and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
It is currently the second-longest existing covered bridge in Alabama and one of the longest in the United States. The Cullman County Commission maintains the property and operates it as a park.
The Clarkson – Legg Bridge is located on Central Road (CR 1043) off U.S. Route 278 near the community of Bethel, about 15 miles west of the city of Cullman.
The Clarkson–Legg Covered Bridge was originally built in 1904 on the property of a local mail carrier for the Clarkson Post Office, James W. Legg, who supplied much of the materials for the project.
The bridge was originally called the Legg Covered Bridge.
In 1921 the bridge was destroyed by a flood that swept much of the bridge downstream. However, the following year it was rebuilt by a contractor hired by Cullman County.
Coordinates 34°12′27.08″N 86°59′27.35″W
Nearest city Bethel, Alabama (approximately 15 miles from the city of Cullman off of US 278)