The land for the Palmer Chapel Methodist Church located in the Cataloochee Valley was deeded by Mary Ann Palmer in 1898. The building was started and completed in the same year.
Preachers for the church were supplied by the Western North Carolina Conference of the Methodist Episcopal Church. Most of them were circuit riders who visited about one Sunday each month.
This is taken from the old road bed that actually used to come around and past the front of the building.