Morris Avenue is a narrow cobble stone avenue that was named for Josiah Morris. Morris, was one of the initial shareholders in the Elyton Land Company who proposed the name “Birmingham” for the new city. By the late 1800’s Morris Avenue was lined with three and four-story brick warehouses. One of these building has been home to one of the city’s most famous icons, Peanut Depot. The building was built in 1885. Then around the 1930 or 40’s Peanut Depot, which the Cassimuss family had started in 1907 at a different location on Morris Avenue, move in to their new space and resumed its operation.
Tag CloudAlabama Autumn Beach Birmingham blooms blount county bridge Buck Creek cahaba candles Cataloochee Valley Covered Bridges Decatur Florida flowers fruit Great Smoky Mountains grist mill Helena historic Iron Jubilee lake landscape leaves light macro Mississippi Montevallo Montgomery Natchez Trace National Park nature North Carolina railroad river rustic Sea Grove spring still life sunrise Table Top Photography Tennessee train west blocton